Saturday, December 6, 2008

Stuff I think is bullshit

Everywhere I go, they're selling stuff with Obama on it - photos, hats, T-shirts, etc. I don't know. It's like, we haven't seen what he'll do yet, and all this sending troops into Afghanistan business is bullshit, and his team of rivals seems like a disaster, and I just feel like everyone's going to get let down. I think before he was elected, he made a lot of deals with people, and a lot of what he may do as president could just be repaying his debts. I'm just not sure about this guy anymore.

Yesterday at dinner I asked what everyone thought about legalizing corporal punishment in schools and my brother was like, "You're going to give kids the electric chair for messing up?" He's so retarded. But his friends are worse. His bitch friend came over yesterday and asked me if all vaginas smell the same, like, don't talk to me about your stupid 17-year-old sex life. I also realized that I have no idea how other vaginas smell. It's weird to think that (heterosexual) men know more about vaginal diversity than I do.

Tutoring is super-depressing. On Tuesday I went over to this kid's house and I was like, "Okay, today we're going to do a little math and a little English," and he asked me, "What's English?" I was like, "What language do you speak?" and he said American. It was so weird. And there were roaches swarming all over his bedroom, coming in and out of dresser drawers, like, what could possibly be in a dresser drawer that would attract a roach? I had to leave early. I didn't even have him sign the paper that said I'd been there. It was just so gross. I can't handle roaches. I don't think I can help him. I don't think any tutor can give him long-term help. The only thing that could help is just completely changing his family. I think public schools should have mandatory parental volunteerism. There would be some parents who would skip it, but I think if you nag enough, a lot of them would show up. I think this kid's parents would show up. They want what's best for him, they just don't realize how to do it. I would be like the awesomest education reformer.

No comments: