Friday, January 9, 2009

Letting My Inner Bitch Blossom

I have a sore throat. You think it sounds like nothing, but I figure I have about 48 hours to live. Protect yourselves. Wear face masks on the subway.

The more tactful I get (and at the ripe old age of 22, I find myself more tactful than ever), the louder my inner monologue gets. It's like, I'll be listening to someone and instead of rolling my eyes, I smile and nod and I find myself thinking, "YOU ARE AN IDIOT. YOU ARE AN IDIOT." Then I zone out. Yesterday I couldn't take it anymore. I was walking behind some lady on a cell phone and she was telling her friend that she showed up to a party and (!) another lady was wearing the same purple sweater in a different cut. I walked by her and said, "Oh no! Same sweater!" Then, because I am a coward, I started walking faster so I couldn't hear her yell at me.

I've been dating again. It's all the same: men who think they're entitled to my body. The problem is that I want them to touch me. I'm horny as all get-out. But you're not supposed to have sex with them because then you're a slut, you have no leverage, you'll get AIDS, etc. I think traditional gender roles are stymieing my natural whorishness.

No comments: